BabyBjorn Baby Carrier One Air is the latest in the baby carriers range that enables you to carry your child in a premium soft and airy mesh fabric, that allows you to have the closeness with your child, whilst staying comfortably cool at all times. The BabyBjorn Carrier One Air is equipped with a sturdy waist belt and padded, form-fitting shoulder straps to make it comfortable for carrying a growing child from newborn up to the age of three years. The waist belt allows you to support the child’s weight on your hips, and avoid back and shoulder discomfort. You can vary between four ergonomic carrying positions throughout the period of use, with your child sitting in either the normal or wide leg position.
The International Hip Dysplasia Institute has tested Baby Carrier One Air and acknowledges it as a “hip-healthy” baby carrier. The hips of a newborn baby get the correct support and are held in an optimal position with the legs angled outwards. This encourages the good hip joint development that is so important during the first months of your child’s life.
- Soft and airy mesh fabric, a child-friendly material that breathes.
- Ergonomic wide-leg carrying position
- Extra-padded shoulder straps
- Good firmness in the waist belt
- Optimal newborn position: Carry your newborn high up on your chest, close to your heart.
- Inward-facing comfort: Ergonomically designed for both you and your growing baby.
- Outward-facing option; Explore the world together when your child is ready. Min. 5 months.
- Easy back carrying: Place your toddler on your back by yourself in one safe motion. Min. 12 months.
- From newborn to 3 years: Baby Carrier One can be used for a long time. Straight from birth (min 3.5 kg) without the need for infant inserts up to 3 years of age (max 15 kg). The baby carrier provides the right support for your growing child’s head, back and hips. Developed in close collaboration with leading paediatricians, as with all our other baby carriers. Read more about our long-term work with paediatricians.Baby Carrier One can be used for a long time. Straight from birth (min 3.5 kg) without the need for infant inserts up to 3 years of age (max 15 kg). The baby carrier provides the right support for your growing child’s head, back and hips. Developed in close collaboration with leading paediatricians, as with all our other baby carriers.
- 4-way front and back carrying: Baby Carrier One is easy to use by yourself in all positions. There is a special newborn carrier height that allows you to carry your baby in the best way – high up on your chest facing you, close to your heart. When your child is a little older, the carrier height can be lowered allowing you to carry facing inwards or outwards. From 12 months you can carry on your back. It is easy and safe to place your toddler on your back by yourself.
- Ergonomic baby carrier with maximum comfort: Baby Carrier One offers you and your baby absolute comfort throughout the time it is used. Well-conceived ergonomic design with a waist belt and shaped, padded shoulder straps to relieve pressure. Soft and comfortable for your child with a padded seat, outward seams and adjustable width for the leg position. There is also a sturdy adjustable head support that can be folded down when the baby is facing outwards.
- Essential closeness right from day one: Small children have an enormous need for closeness in the form of body and eye contact with Mum and Dad during their first months of life. The warmth of your body, the sound of your heartbeat and your voice provide intimacy and security. Closeness to you represents a calm sanctuary in a world full of new impressions and gives your baby self-assurance.
- Age: From newborn to approx. 3 years. Min. 3.5 kg/53 cm (8 lb./21 in.). Max. 15 kg/100 cm. (73 lb./39 in.)
- Min. age for outwards facing position: 5 months
- Max. weight for outward facing position: 12 kg/26 lb.
- Fabric information: Cotton Mix. Main material: 60% cotton, 40% polyester. Lining: 100% cotton. Waist belt lining: 100% polyester. Padding: 100% polyester (body), 90% polyester and 10% PU Foam (straps). Mesh. Main Fabric: 100% polyester. Waist belt lining: 100% polyester. Leg position zipper protection: 100% cotton.
- Tested and safe: All fabrics are kind to your baby’s skin and safe to taste. Guaranteed free from health hazardous substances and approved according to Oeko-Tex Standard 100, class 1 for baby products.
- Product care: Machine wash, warm (40 °C). Wash separately. Use an eco-friendly and gentle bleach-free detergent.